"Castiglione, Andrew P. -ND" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 15:59:47 -0700
FYI

Sun Spotlight: Server Memory Woes

When Computerworld first broke the news about reliability issues with the
external cache memory in Sun Microsystems' top-selling line of servers and
the
company's extraordinary measures to keep customers silent on the matter, we
had
no idea the issue would cause such a stir among our readers. Users have been
steaming that they were kept in the dark and that Sun traded service for
secrecy
 on the issue. To give you the complete picture of the problem and the
resulting
 controversy, we've gathered news stories, reader letters, opinion pieces, a
community discussion forum and more into one package. Read all about it and
provide your own feedback at:

http://www.computerworld.com/sun/reliability?news