Mon, 23 Sep 1991 09:57:58 EDT
Before Version 1.7 was installed we would modify the BITEARN NODESUM file
to include some of our local non-ibm nodes. For example, we would add
a line:
                   GRUMPY MAIL.M NO US BITNET

Thus, whenever a user from GRUMPY used GET to request a file, it would be
sent using MAIL instead of NETDATA or PUNCH.

When V1.7a arrived, the format of the BITEARN NODESUM2 file changed, and
caused some anxious moments until we found that files requested from nodes
that did not appear in BITEARN NODESUM2 were sent by MAIL by default.

Will our local nodes continue receiving MAILed GET files without additional
intervention? If not, how can we specify this as our default transmission
mode, or specify that a specific node receive MAIL and not NETDATA?

Thanks.

*
* Barry Krawchuk
* Platform Network Systems