"Kenny, Melissa S" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 6 Dec 2006 13:09:05 -0500
Mike,

Assuming you get the DBMS interface working, you should be able to use
Listserv in the manner you describe.  We do exactly that here at HMS.
Our master faculty list has 14521 subscribers, which isn't as large as
yours, but Listserv works quite well for this.  We implemented our
DB-driven list using views on a master table (derived from PeopleSoft HR
data) which is stored in an Oracle database.  We created a table for
this purpose, so we included the Options column.  One issue we have had
using views is that the Listserv server grinds to a halt when the views
are accessed; users are stuck waiting for the web pages to come back,
and the log shows very long wait times for the response from the
database.  The messages do go out however, so this is a relatively minor
issue.

If you would like more information, contact me off-list and I'll try to
help.

Melissa Kenny

IIS Administrator
Harvard Medical School IT