"A. Harry Williams" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 12:48:17 EST
On Tue, 1 Dec 1998 10:18:47 -0700 Dan Lester said:
>At 11:53 AM 12/1/98 -0500, A. Harry Williams wrote:
>>It's binary on VM too, but the admonition holds there too.  I usually
>>don't use an Xedit, but simply use CMS Pipelines to read the file.
>>I even have a driver to expand and select by group or variable.
>>

>I may be missing something basic, but why do you CARE who is served off?
>If you duplicate serving someone off, no harm done.  If someone is served
>off forever, why do you care?  If someone ever complains about being served
>off, and you want to serve them again, just do it.

Well, besides being anal about somethings, I did it first to track the
auto serve off to make sure things weren't being served off by mistake.
The manual just sort of fell out.  I wrote the pipe driver to support
the VM Web access to Listserv package(WLV), so I could present some
useful info to the Postmaster, like which lists where held.  This is
some interesting info stored in permvars file once you get into it.
I just wrote a method to display it.