Chris Pepper <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 11:27:53 -0400
Jon,

        I think the real problem is that their mail clients don't 'quote'
the original message. We have this problem with our cc:Mail system, which
leaves the headers of the original message below the reply body. Eudora
*doesn't* demonstrate this problem, as it automatically inserts a less-than
symbol before each line. LISTSERV ignores such quoted lines. I consider
this a flaw in cc:Mail (*not* a LISTSERV bug), but with inconvenient
consequences in LISTSERV.

                                                Chris Pepper

--
Chris Pepper | National Audubon Society: Web & List Manager
212 979 3092 |    <http://www.audubon.org/staff/pepper/>