Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 14 Aug 2006 10:22:40 -0600
On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 11:09:15 -0400, Charles Drawdy
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>To subscribe or unsubscribe, a user must send a request to [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask] We have some hardcopy documentation that has the old name, [log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask] It will take time to change those documentation so I would like to either change the LSOFT configuration or add some type of aliases. I am running the LSOFT on Windows.

Under unix you could create such aliases directly.  Under Windows, I would
suggest you create 2 'special' lists (hidden and with only 1 subscriber each)
to provide a mail-forwarding capability to accomplish this.

For example the 'ALERT-ON' list might look like this:

--------------------
email address forwarding

.hh on
This "list" only for email address forwarding.
This is not a normal list.

Owner= [log in to unmask]

Subscription= closed
Confidential= Yes
Sender= none
Reply-To= none
Auto-Delete= No
Notebook= No
Digest= No
Errors-To= Owner
Language= NOHTML
Attachments= No,Filter
Sizelim= 25K
Ack= No
Default-Options= FULL822
 changes recipient address from alert-on to alert-subscribe-requst
Change-Log= Yes,yearly
 provide logging of any traffic through the list
Review= Owner
Validate= Yes,Confirm
Send= Public
      ^ DO NOT CHANGE THIS!
      This list MUST accept any/all mail from any address w/o confirmation
Daily-Threshold=300

Created: 2006-08-14  by: xx

.hh off

The one and only subscriber would be:

[log in to unmask] (No Name Available)

Similar for the  ALERT-OFF list, with obvious necessary changes.