Tim Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 12:10:24 -0500
We are experiencing problems with our listserv (I think....). Here is the
diagnosis of what I think is happening and why.

For the last two weeks or so, we have seen sporadic responses from the
listserv in regards to confirmations and commands that are sent. It appears
that they get queued up. I have rebooted the server (win2k SP3 running 1.8e)
a few times and what seems to happen is that between listserv and lsmpt
(installed on the same box) they work out what ever is happening and
eventually everything catches up.

I currently in my listserv Spool directory have over 40k .job files (the
number is going down...) I don't have but a few files in the spool
directories for lsmpt. Any thoughts or ideas to help out a novice listserv
maintainer?

Tim Parker
Senior Webmaster
610-430-8100 x. 7767