James Morrill <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 12:36:04 -0600
But these people aren't subscribe to the list - why should LISTSERV try
to delete them from a list they aren't subscribed to?  This seems like
a HUGE denial of service hole - if someone could add millions of e-mail
addresses and have each of my lists try to monitor them to see if they
should be deleted.

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004, Ben Parker wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 15:54:15 -0600, James Morrill <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> >LISTSERV sees it's a bounced
> >message and adds it to the listname.autodel file, even though the address
> >isn't subscribed to the list.
>
> This is exactly what LISTSERV is supposed to do with such mail.
>
> >Is there someway to keep this from happening?
>
> LISTSERV is working as designed.  Why would you want it to do otherwise?

 James Morrill  office: Hale 11, 785-532-4909 www-personal.ksu.edu/~james
             We see a world of wonder, with a holy fingerprint
     But we only know a sliver, of the love of God in it. - Hokus Pick