Tue, 12 Sep 2000 19:21:55 GMT
The following is a question coming from the owner of a list here.

========================
We have a departmenal listserver designed to keep our undergraduate majors
and minors informed about activities in the department and university as
well as on research and job opportunities.  Students wishing to sign up to
the listserver subscribe to the listserv by sending a message to
[log in to unmask]  However, I have been getting a stream of
messages from students indicating that they could not subscribe.  The reason
that I have gathered is that they are not using a TAMU e-mail address.  We
have other students who have graduated, but who have requested to remain in
contact with the department through the listserv. My question is the
following--can we make a change in the listserv to allow non TAMU e-mail
addresses to subscribe or should we simply require that students wishing to
join, use a TAMU address?
* Send=         Public
* Review=       Public
* Confidential= Service
* Service=      Local
* Reply-To=     List
* Notify=       No
*
* Owner= [log in to unmask]         Rogelio Saenz
* Owner= Quiet:
* Owner= [log in to unmask]    Rogelio Saenz

So which setting prevents his list from accepting non-tamu email addresses
in subscription?

Any ideas?

Bing