Doug Essinger-Hileman <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 19:08:45 -0500
Late this past summer I asked for help in sorting out a problem with
the digests being very large. The problem is still not answered. With
folk complaining again, I am hoping that someone can help me sort
this out.

The list is currently configured for digests to be cut off at 500
lines. I realize that if the last email is longer than 500 lines, it
will not be truncated, and will thus extend the length of the digest.

The last five digests have been 25 lines, 5016 lines, 5814 lines,
2900 lines, and 750 lines. None of those digests have a last email
that is all that long; the lengths of the last messages are: 25 lines
(the digest had only one message), 24 lines, 40 lines, 18 lines, 28
lines. I have gone back and checked, each of the messages comes from
a different person, and none of them had any attachments.

Can anyone help me solve this problem?

Doug