"Geert K. Marien" <GKMCU@CUNYVM>
Tue, 26 Sep 89 09:04:11 EDT
Hi,

   Is this normal?  I think not!  I sent a SUB XMAILER command to
   Bitnic, which has me registered.  It couldn't find my name!  I
   duplicated this a few times, as here:

tell listserv at bitnic Reg Geert K. Marien
R;
FROM BITNIC(LISTSERV): * Thank you  for registering. This server  will now
FROM BITNIC(LISTSERV): * refer to you as "Geert K. Marien". You can update
FROM BITNIC(LISTSERV): * your  registration at  any time  by re-sending  a
FROM BITNIC(LISTSERV): * REGISTER command.
tell listserv at bitnic sub xmailer
R;
FROM BITNIC(LISTSERV): * Your name  is unknown to this  LISTSERV. You must
FROM BITNIC(LISTSERV): * specify it, for example: SUB XMAILER John A. Doe.

/Geert