mrg <CCMRG@BOSTONU>
Mon, 12 Oct 87 14:44:25 EDT
adding on to the LISTSERV wishlist - (going public with my request):

To have listserv recognize alternate mailers. I have a total of 3
VMs that can send mail on my machine - MAILER, SMTPUSER, SMTPSERV.
People that send mail via SMTPSERV to listserv lists are not
processed as coming from the originator rather listserv interprets
the mail as coming from SMTPSERV since it is not a "trusted mailer".

This is driving people NOT on our local net crazy because we cannot
reply to mail sent by the individual since a new mail header is
written by listserv for smtpserv. If you understand that, then you
need a vacation.

            - Michael Gettes, Boston University