Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 14:10:58 -0600
On Wed, 14 Jul 1999 09:18:51 -0700, Richard Hintz <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>These are helpful functions, but I don't believe they're available in
>Listserv as of the Unix 1.8d release.  Are they available or planned for
>inclusion?

The functions are described below.  The addresses in question are not inserted
in any mail headers by LISTSERV.

From the LISTSERV 1.8d Release Notes for List Owners:

  http://demo.lsoft.com/18d-releasenotes.html

* Support for listname-subscribe-request, etc., mailboxes *

(where "listname" is the name of the list in question). Mail sent to
these addresses will be interpreted as explicit SUBSCRIBE, SIGNOFF, or
UNSUBSCRIBE commands, respectively, for the list in question, regardless
of the text contained in the body of the mail message (which will simply
be discarded).

Unix and VMS hosts will need to add appropriate aliases (as usual) to
sendmail and PMDF, respectively, in order to activate this functionality.
Windows installations using either the SMTPL.EXE "listener" or LSMTP have
this functionality activated automatically.