"Mark A. Holmes" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 14:25:52 -0500
thanks Wayne   your response is appreciated

i have been informed by L-soft that what i want to do regarding
auto-deletion is not possible:

1. an address is put on "probe" after bouncing a message
2. then it is actively probed for 5 days (controlled by the Delay() parameter)
3. it is deleted on the fifth day (only after 5 failed active probes)

i know full well, it did work this way in 1.8c  it must have changed with
v1.8d  i guess i should have read the release notes a little more
carefully   there is surely a reason for it  - probably related to the
overhead of actively probing subscriber addresses

in addition, the terminology has changed meaning to fit the new
functionality of the software

passive probing used to mean, "doesn't require subscriber CONFIRM"
active probing did require that a subscriber issue the CONFIRM command to renew

now active probing is the old passive-type probe where a message actually
goes out
and passive is a new kind of probing using specially-encoded SMTP headers

which is fine    i'm just surprised that the way i was doing things
previously is no longer supported

so, you don't use the Renewal= at all?  how does your Auto-Delete= read?

i guess i just need to add ,Probe() to my Auto-Delete and forget about the
old "active" or renewal-type probing

At 04:13 PM 11/14/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Mark,
>Hope this helps, wayne
>

>Wayne T. Smith                       mailto:[log in to unmask]
>Systems Group - UNET                 University of Maine System

Mark A Holmes
UCit . Educational Services
Software Engineer