Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 2 Aug 90 17:59:21 O
>I've  set up  a list  with  Review= Private,  Subscription= Open,  Send=
>Private,  Confidential=  Service,   Service=  Node1,Node2,Node3...,  and
>Notebook=  Yes,B,Monthly,Private. (I'm  on  Node1, the  other nodes  are
>within our University).  I had a user from Node2  subscribe to the list,
>but then can't  issue a INDEX listname or REVIEW  listname command, they
>get a "not authorized" message.

The problem  with "INDEX listname"  occurs only with  confidential lists,
and has been  spotted by the Princeton people just  after I released 1.6e
(pity). Since  the problem existed in  1.5o and is quite  minor, I didn't
make a FIX file.

I could not reproduce the "REVIEW listname" problem, and I am inclined to
think that  the user is  not subscribed on the  same address he  sent the
command from. If you set "Review= Private", it doesn't matter whether the
list is confidential or  with a service area, if the user  is on the list
he should be able to review it.

  Eric