John Castillo <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 11:54:12 -0800
i have a very similar setup working but had to put the project aside for a
little while.  try looking in your D:\listserv\log files (look up the most
recently modified file date).  often times the log file will give you more
information about why you can or cannot connect to your DBMS.  you should
also take a good look at section 4 of the developers guide which was very
helpful as well as the support staff at listserv.

but from what I understand in your message.
when you create a list, whethers it uses DBMS or not, it will create a list
header and put that in a .LIST file.  from there... if your DSN and Oracle
options are all correct (it looks like DBMS_DEFAULT_TABLE is a little
screwy... what is the name of your table?  put that in the
DBMS_DEFAULT_TABLE) listserv will connect to your database and add a column
(named the SAME name as your .LIST file) where it will store subscription
information.  THe manual refers to this column as your OPTIONS column.  then
you can populate your DBMS.  Be real careful with this because LISTSERV
tends to want to set every column value to NULL that it is not using or
aware of.

look at your log file first... looks like your DBMS_DEFAULT_TABLE is wrong.