Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 14 Dec 2010 09:02:38 -0500
>Hi,
>
>I have a list which is in held sate. When i freed the list, it
>logged the following messages in the log and did not send the
>messages.
>
>Digest size limit exceeded, sending special issue...
>An   error  occurred   while  logging   mail   to  the   archives
>of   the (...).
>

>What should i do now?
>
>Regards

It sounds like the digest has probably gotten out of sync with the
active archive file.  To fix this, reset the digest.  You can do this
by setting

	Digest= No

in the mailing list's configuration, then switching back to the
current configuration.  This will delete the current digest (LISTSERV
will start a new one) and you should be able to free the list.

If that's not it, it would be useful to see a copy of the message
sent to the listowner when the list becomes held.

Thanks,