Thu, 7 Sep 2000 22:56:07 -0400
On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 01:28:44PM -0600, Kip Keil, DBA
([log in to unmask]) said:
[...]
> Here's the problem:  Only the list he 'babysat' is working correctly.  I can
> "put" lists, and they get created, I get the acknowledgement back, etc.  I
> can issue commands against listserv, and I get responses.  (Ie., "scan
> [list-l] [string]" works, "show points all" works, etc.)  But, when I mail
> to any list _except_ the 'babysat' list, I get a "550 5.1.1 [address]...
> User unknown" error message.

What MTA are you using?  If it's sendmail (or maybe even if it isn't,
I don't know other MTA's very well), did you add the lists to the
/etc/alias file with the

make list name=<listname>

mechanism (or by hand)?  It sounds like the error you're getting is
from the MTA, and mail for those lists is never getting to the
listserv.

--
Jim Toth