Thu, 7 Aug 1997 22:04:18 +1000
Hello there,

I can't seem to make WA.EXE to work on NT!!!  I copied it to the cgi-bin
directory (NS Enterprise 3.0) and eventhough all the files get created in
the document directory when I click on the Search or browser the lists
archives I get an error message back:

Server Error

This server has encountered an internal error which prevents it from
fulfilling your request. The most likely cause is a misconfiguration.
Please ask the administrator to look for messages in the server's error
log.

The error log says:

[07/Aug/1997:21:07:14] config: for host 131.170.69.5 trying to GET
/CGI-BIN/LISTSERV/WA.EXE, handle-processed reports: no way to service
request for /CGI-BIN/LISTSERV/WA.EXE

What is wrong?

Listserv is running as user listserv.  The Listserv directory is owned by
the Administrator and Administrators and Listserv have FULL CONTROL

The web stuff is EVERYONE FULL CONTROL (at least for now).

I even tried placing the wa.exe in the wincgi directory instead (failed
too).

Just as a note... NT security??? *siiiiighhhsss* I give up...  (the default
installation gives FULL CONTROL to EVERYONE on the Winnt directory??? Not
to mention logging in; logging out (to gain administrator priveledges...)
Anyways if Lsoft can run their Listserv backbone machine on NT the it
means it *is* possible! :)

Please give me some tips to make this work...

Regards,

David