Valdis Kletnieks <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 14:08:25 -0400
On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:45:07 PDT, "Patrick B. O'Brien" said:
> Lately, when I send out a large list of emails, my web page locks up.
> Any thoughts?

I'm making the wild guess that what's happening is that the wa.cgi needs
to communicate with the main lsv process, and is timing out because lsv
is busy with the mailing.

Some suggestions that will help under Unix/Linux and Sendmail:

1) Code an SMTP_FORWARD_1 so you get a background lsv process handing the
mail off to the MTA - this way the main lsv can answer the wa.cgi request
faster.  We run with SMTP_FORWARD_1="3*localhost" so there's multiple
background processes available.  I don't know if this also works under
Windows or not.

2) If using Sendmail, make sure you have 'FEATURE(nocanonify)' in your
sendmail.mc file - this speeds up the lsv->sendmail submission *dramatically*.