"A. Harry Williams" <HARRY@MARIST>
Wed, 15 Jul 1987 15:06:55 EDT
If you run lists with Extended statistics, and you have people on that
list with domain address, the statistics probably will not be correct.
I don't have Listserv prior to 1.5j online, and I don't feel like loading
a tape, so I'm not sure how long the problem has existed. I have reported
it to Eric, but with him being away now, it may be a while in the fixing.

The problem is that LSVXSTAT is passing the list of "nodes" that mail
was sent to to LSVBITFD.  These nodes include the those using domain
addressing, most of which are longer that 8 characters long.  LSVBITFD
only works with 8 character node addresses.  LSVXSTAT does not check
return codes, so the only indication of a problem is the "Invalid
Parameter list." messages that appear on the console.

I also noted that lists using Mail-Via= Distribute do not have their
statistics updated correctly.  As a test, I sent the identical message to
a test list I have.  The list with Mail-Via= Distribute claimed a
Link.byte of 9784.38.  The list without has 1.25.  (Before someone
asks, yes the subscribers to the lists were identical)

Harry