Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 15:54:09 -0500
>Ah, my bad, I mispoke.
>
>The A and MX is *ntls*, not ntls1.
>
>So in other words, the A and MX for listserver.digitalriver.com do
>actually point
>to the box where the listserv now lives (that box now being called
>ntls).
>
>Good suggestion though, that's what I thought at first, too.
>
>Somebody else suggested that it's this setting in site.cfg on LISTSERV
>MYDOMAIN=NTLS.DIGITALRIVER.COM
>So I made it
>MYDOMAIN=NTLS.DIGITALRIVER.COM LISTERVER.DIGITALRIVER.COM
>
>I suspect that's it. (Really weird how it works from some places without
>it though.)

It looks like listserver.digitalriver.com is actually a CNAME for
ntls.digitalriver.com.

Many (but not all) mailers rewrite CNAMES, so my guess is that some
of your users' mailers are rewriting their mail from being to
listserv@listserver... to being to listserv@ntls... and others are
leaving it as to listserv@listserver...

With your old settings LISTSERV would only accept mail that was rewritten.

Would this explain it?
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support
L-Soft international, Inc