LISTSERV Administrator <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 26 Apr 1996 14:49:18 EST
On Fri, 26 Apr 1996 00:02:26 -0400 Automatic digest processor said:
>I hope it doesn't unduly fragment the discussion.  Are there really
>that many things to talk about that are unique to the NT environment?

Perhaps not to the NT environment, but certainly to the migration from
one platform to NT.  Given the number of subscribers (16) joining the
list in just one day, I'd say that a number of others feel the list
is worthwhile, too.

>Sometimes it's hard enough to figure out whether something should be on
>LSTSRV-L or LSTOWN-L.

The discussion of doing migrations is definitely more pertinent to
LSTSRV-L than LSTOWN-L.  However, there are those of us on DIGEST
who don't want to wade through (or save) entire digests just to keep
one piece of information pertinent to migration.  There's also the
concept of trying to document the trials and tribulations of actually
doing a migration that will (with luck) be helpful to those following
behind and perhaps also to Nathan who is trying to write the LISTSERV
Maintainer's manual which has a chapter devoted to migration.

From a personal standpoint, I'm looking for people to share information
in order to help our migration go more smoothly and also to let other
people know what I've found out.  If a number of us band together,
we may be able to create something of a standardized procedure out
of the migration.