Al Iverson <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 16:12:58 -0600
Paul Karagianis wrote:

> On 24 Jan 2002, at 15:31, Terrence Ford wrote:
>
> >I am looking for a way to control the submission of large commands jobs
> >to the Listserv server.
>
> Just for clarification... these are done with JCL like so, right?
>
> QUIET ADD listname DD=X IMPORT PW= ????????
> //X DD *
> user1@host
> user2@host
> (and so forth)
> /*
>
> The general feeling is that bulk-adding thousands of users via the
> above method shouldn't lock up your server.

But it's fairly slow, and it processes singly, serially, so no other
email commands can run while that's processing (if I recall correctly).

Also, some times of processes, for example, a SQL job, will tie up the
server, including the web interface, and won't respond to any other
queries or commands until they're done.

Al Iverson
--
Al Iverson -- [log in to unmask] -- Minneapolis, Minnesota
My spam-related website: http://www.spamresource.com/