Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 11 Oct 90 19:22:42 +0100
>On Tue, 9 Oct 90 02:44:58 EDT Eric Thomas said:
>>  My question is how do you protect a list and the Subsribers
>>of that list from something like this?
>>  This is NOT another INTERNET hole!  I am sending this posting
>>from BITNET.

Eric Thomas  never said that.  At 02:44 EDT on  the 9th of  October, Eric
Thomas was in bed; in fact, if  I remember correctly, he was in bed until
08:00 EDT. This  note was a forgery from someone  who has just discovered
that there is no security in this network, and since "I" sent it, I never
got a copy.

>Eric's  note had  a  Reply-To: pointing  to some  third  user, which  is
>presumably what he's worried about.

No, Alex is worried  about his ability to send mail  from Eric. What Eric
is worried about is that Nick failed to realize this was a forgery :-)

  Eric