John W Redelfs <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 15 May 1995 18:16:16 -0500
Email List Services Wanted

Dear Service Provider,

I am the listowner of a two year old email list currently running under
Majordomo 1.93 on a remote server.  It is a "closed" list of about 150
subscribers who share my religious beliefs.  We generate about 500
megs of mail per month sent from the server to my subscribers.  The
list is archived daily, and the archives are accessible on the World
Wide Web, by GOPHER and by anonymous FTP.

My service provider has just informed me that because the email volume
has grown beyond what he originally anticipated, my monthly charge
for hosting the list will increase from the current twenty dollars per
month to fifty dollars per month.

While I have been happy with the services I have received, I am
financially unable to more than double my monthly expenses.  Running
this list has been a hobby, not a business.  Therefore I am doing some
price shopping.

1) Can you, or do you know of anyone who can provide me with this
   package of services?

2) What would such a package cost me?

I might add that my current provider has a fast T1 Internet
connection.  A slower machine and connection would be satisfactory,
but obviously a fast connection is better.

Thankyou for your consideration.

Yours truly,
John W. Redelfs, Listowner of ZION
[log in to unmask], 907-225-8897