Christian Bonkowski <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 20:19:24 +0200
Hello,

how do you react about the following problem?

I manage a side in the LISTSERV backbone. From time to time it happens
that somewhere a new LISTSERV started with a new list. The listowner of
the new lists enters a lot of recipients, without there permission.
Sometimes they send spams to this list. Espacially for the not wanted
subscriber all the mails are spam mails.

While the list use the backbone, the recipients see our side as the
responsible side for the spam. Most time I just explain shortly a few
things about the backbone and tell them, to send there mails to the
listowners or the side manager of the other LISTSERV.

But while the internet grows more and more, less and less people have
an understanding about it. Espacialy a lot of persons don't understand
how mails work and they don't want to know something about a LISTSERV
backbone. They think I must remove the list, what I can't do.

I think other LISTSERV side managers in the backbone should have the
same problems. What do you tell this persons?

Thanx for any ideas,

  Christian Bonkowski