"Becker, Jim" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 25 Jul 2006 10:10:08 -0400
Didn't find an adequate thread in the Archives for this...

For "Rejected posting..." messages generated when Spam arrives to a
private list from a non-subscriber which go back to a spoofed From
address, what is the concensus on how to control this issue?  Is there a
way in Listserv to suppress these responses?  Is that advised?

We believe we ended up on SpamCop's list when a spoofed sender
complained about receiving a rejected posting reply which still
contained the original spam sent to our listserv.  SpamCop's contention
is we should ignore the RFC and NOT respond to these invalid postings.
I'm rejecting that as improper, so I'm looking for input on
methodologies of other sites.

Thanks,
Jim Becker

Asst. Director of Administrative Services
Office of Information Technology
State University of New York
System Administration