Randy Klumph <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 18 Nov 2009 16:37:14 -0800
I recently created a new list and made some updates to the header. I inadvertently neglected to include a closing tag </html>  at the end of my html description (at the bottom of the header keywords) . When I clicked Submit, it updated the header and generated the error...

* PW= <Missing>
Warning: You have not specified any password for the list. This setup
compromises the security of your list and is strongly discouraged.

When viewing the Pop-up description on the Archives page it had the html description and followed by

PW= dkgjhhgwnttls

The pw letters are random and change each time I resubmit.

While I don't really have a question, I am wondering what is going on behind the scenes to generate this response from this set of circumstances.

Regards,
Randy Klumph
The National Consortium on Deaf-Blindness
The Teaching Research Institute
Western Oregon University