Adam Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 26 Sep 1997 14:14:21 -0500
On 9/26/97 10:42 AM, Erik Talley <[log in to unmask]> wrote...

>In actuality, unless a message is posted at least once every 5 days, a
>user would never be deleted. It seems what I need to do is increase the
>number of days that go by before the monitoring ceases...maybe to 30 or
>something like that. Can anyone let me know if this will work or any
>better suggestions.

You need to do more than that. You need to increase the days and decrease
the number of bounces (yours was set to 100).

I have a newsletter list which gets a posting every two weeks. This is my
auto-delete line:

   * Auto-Delete=  Yes,Semi-Auto,Delay(21),Max(1)

This effectively says that if a particular address bounces two issues in
a row of my newsletter, they'll be deleted. I could have gotten the same
effect using 14 days, but I decided to make it three weeks to account for
really slow systems and the like.

HTH...

--
Adam Bailey      | Chicago, Illinois
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-| "Do not take life too seriously;