Norm Aleks <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 27 Jun 1996 23:14:44 -0400
Dave Bigham <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> Does anyone know of any  semi-objective evaluation of the various mailing
> list programs? I am interested in seeing what the perceived strengths and
> weaknesses are.

Well, I wrote one about a year and a half ago which  went up as the FAQ for
comp.mail.list-admin.software.  I did it in the process  of choosing an MLM
for my own site, so it shows my own biases :-) ... but overall I tried hard
to show how to *look* at MLM's, not just to say "this is good, this isn't."
In the spirit of being semi-objective it  is available from servers running
several different MLM's,  but since this is   a LISTSERV list  the way I'll
tell you to get it is: send mail to [log in to unmask] with this command
in the message body:
        GET MLM-SOFTWARE FAQ

It has not been updated  for quite a  while, and covers basically only Unix
software.  It also has a heavy Sendmail bias.

Norm
--
Be braver.  You cannot cross a chasm in two small jumps.