Jean Snow <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 12:54:56 -0400
On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, Ben Parker wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Apr 2000 11:03:34 -0400, Jean Snow <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> >Yes, we've seen the same thing here (1.8d on AIX), and our logs also
> >show two confirmations in quick succession:
>
> OK.  Are ALL of these occasions when using a WWW browser to do the confirm or by
> email?  Nobody has said clearly which although I suspect it is always WWW-only
> operation.
>
> Can you be specific as to Which browser (IE vs NS vs ??) is being used by the
> person experiencing the problem?

I've only seen this with www confirmations (user receives confirm message
in browser email, clicks on link to confirm).  I have the same impression
as Trish: that the user just misses the 'success' message for some reason.
Maybe twitchy fingers.  Don't know which browser, but my tests were
with Netscape 4.7, and I think most of our users still use Netscape.

--
***Jean Snow                                           [log in to unmask] ***
*** UCNS Server Systems/Postmaster/Listserv Admin                   ***