Jim Gerland - User Support Services <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 21 Feb 1992 11:29:44 EST
On Thu, 20 Feb 1992 10:50:35 EST <[log in to unmask]> said:
>  When users of Microsoft Mail on PC reply to a list and if the original
>  text is copied, the Microsoft Mail copies both the header and body. The
>  listserver rejects this saying that the From:, Reply-To: or Sender:
>  field points to the list found in the body.
>
>  We have requested the users to delete the headers before posting but
>  these users are the "BIG WHEELS" and asking them this is TOO MUCH.
>  I have been told to fix this.
>
>  So is there any way I can do this? Any flags or exits or what have you?

Microsoft Mail is not alone in this.  VMS Mail does it and so does Unix
mail.

User Education is the best answer.  Just explain to those "BIG WHEELS" that
if what they have to say is important enough for others to read it then they
need to remove the header lines so their mail gets distributed to the list.

Jim...