Robert Guralnick <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 11 Sep 1993 01:47:55 GMT
        Hi all ---

        Running a listserver has been great fun, but we have been having some
rather ugly little difficulties that maybe I can bamboozle some more
experienced listserver managers to help me with.  We run Anastasios Kotsikonas'
version 6.0 listserver.  Two lists, one private and one public are
currently configured.  Until we activated the private list, things worked
fine.  Now, however, we consistently find that any post that the listserver
cannot cleanly deal with causes the a lock of the serverd.  This is
a huge hassle, because we need to constantly check for .lock files and
then "ulock" them.  If anyone has any ideas why this started to happen and
how to fix the problem, I would be eternally grateful.  I have tried almost
everything to no avail.  I am kinda hoping it is some weird bug so I
do not have to feel stupid.

Thanks.

Robert P. Guralnick                          |"James, all I want are some     |
Museum of Paleontology Systems Administrator |horses, a nice stream with some |
Berkeley, CA    ([log in to unmask])    |fishies and a cold place to die"|