Richard Horwitz <RSH@BNLVMA>
Mon, 2 Oct 89 16:21:49 EST
We are just in the process of bringing up VM/XA.  I copied all of
LISTSERV's files from HPO to XA and modified LOCAL SYSVARS.  If I
look at the * LIST files on LISTSERV's 191 I see they are LRECL 100 fixed.
If I TELL LISTSERV GET TEST-L, and on the HPO system receive the file,
the file is LRECL 90 variable; whereas on XA the file is LRECL 80 fixed.
Can someone explain what is wrong under XA.  I am also appending the file
received after a GET on the XA system.  Each line seems to have 5 or so
extraneous characters in the beginning of the line (e.g. 27/1/PUT TEST-L ...)
Where is that information coming from?

*
* File "TEST-L LIST" contains records larger than 80 characters.
* It is consequently being sent to you in "Listserv-Punch" format.
*
* You can get information about that format by sending the following command
* to [log in to unmask]: "Info LPunch"
*

ID/TEST-L   LIST     V 00090
27/1/PUT TEST-L LIST PW=XXXXXXXX
1/1/*
35/1/*  LISTSERV test distribution list.
1/1/*
16/1/*  Service= BNL*
60/1/*  Review= Public    Subscription= Public       Send= Public
58/1/*  Notify= Yes       Reply-to= List,Ignore      Files= Yes
24/1/*  Confidential= Service
23/1/*  Validate= Store only
56/1/*  X-Tags= Yes       Stats= Normal,Public       Ack= Yes
71/1/*  Formcheck= No     Notebook= Yes,X,Monthly,Public    Errors-To=Owners
25/1/*  Default-options= REPRO
1/1/*
44/1/*  Owner=  RSH@BNLVMXA     (Richard Horwitz)
1/1/*