Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 13:12:18 -0500
We have created approximately a dozen custom list templates, in an attempt
to ensure that new lists are configured the way we think they ought to be
configured.

* Lists which allow open subscription are required to use subscription
  confirmation.

* Announcement lists - particularly those which will be used to send
  announcements to undergraduate students - are initially configured to
  require confirmation on posting.

* New lists are configured with 'Validate= All,Confirm' to force subscription
  subscription confirmation on lists with 'Subscription= By_Owner'.

* New lists are configured with 'Owner= (xxx)' where 'xxx' is the name of our
  Help Desk staff list. This enables Help Desk staff members to access list
  configuration and subscriber information as owners, making it possible for
  them to assist list owners with all aspect of list management. As a matter
  of policy, Help Desk staff members may not make changes to any lists other
  than those on which they are personally listed as owners.

* The format of our templates puts the most frequently referenced information
  at the top of the list header.

--
Paul Russell
Senior System Administrator