Mon, 25 Aug 1997 18:03:54 -0400
It would be nice to get a little summary of the day's activities on my
Listserv, similar to the error monitoring report, emailed to the
listowner. What I'd like to get is;

- Number of new subscribers
- Number of subscribers who removed themselves
- Number of posts to the list
- Number of errors processed (i.e. messages that the listserv responded
to by sending informational mail).

I suppose you could also provide things like;

- Number of option changes
- Number of queries
- Number of switches to Digest
- Number of switches from Digest

In general all I'm looking for is a summary of what happened on the list
server. I don't want to over-simplify the task involved in doing this,
but it would seem like a number of counters could be reserved to
accumulate this information over a defined period (something settable in
the header, for example). You could put limits on the values to prevent
overflows if necessary.

Comments?

Cheers,
Russ Cooper - NTBugtraq Moderator