Jos Laake <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 10:40:42 -0800
Hey, y'all,

We have about 16 lists on our listserv.  Recently we added another one,
and after adding all the subscribers, we started getting these messages
from listserv:
Warning: 20 out of 24 license points are currently in use. L-Soft
recommends a 20%  safety margin to allow  the lists to grow,  plus 2
points for  a test list  allowing  you  to  experiment with  new
settings  without  disrupting production traffic. If you are satisfied
with your current capacity, you can disable the present message forever
by  adding "LICENSE_WARNING = 0" to your configuration.
Okay, so, this isn't a problem.  But what we want to know is this; we
have another list where the reason for having the list is completed.
It is still there but no longer being used.  So what we would like to
do is to somehow reclaim the license points allocated to the defunct
list.  We tried removing all the subscribers for that list, but we're
still getting the messages.  Is there something more we need to do to
get listserv to deallocate the license points?  We don't really want to
delete the archives, because we'd like to have them available for
reference.  Anybody have any ideas on this one?

Thanks,
~Jos~

Jos Laake
Sysadmin for CE Linux Forum Servers