Michelle Wilbers <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 27 Sep 2007 23:41:20 -0500
------------------------
To Transfer Existing Archive Files (Windows)
------------------------

1. FTP the existing archive files down from the old LISTSERV server in
binary mode and save them on your computer.

2. If necessary, change all file names to use all uppercase characters and
rename them to use the new listname. For example,
LISTNAME.LOG#####

3. Upload the old archive files to the LISTSERV server into the list's
archive folder.

4. Delete these two files in the list's archive folder:
LISTNAME.DBINDEX
LISTNAME.DBNAMES

5. Restart the LISTSERV service to regenerate DBINDEX and DBNAMES, which
will add the uploaded archive files to the archive index.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Russell" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 3:42 PM
Subject: Re: Moving notebook archives to a new location

On 9/27/2007 15:41, Wilkinson, Craig J wrote:
> Is there anyone that can tell me the procedure for moving the notebook
> archives to a new location.  I want to move them to a different drive
> such as e:\listserv\lists.

If you were running LISTSERV on a unix platform, I would suggest the
following:
* shutdown LISTSERV;
* move all archive files to the new location;
* replace the old archives directory with a symbolic link pointing to
   the new archives location; and
* restart LISTSERV.

I assume, however, that you are running LISTSERV on Windows. Can you create
a symbolic link on Windows? If not, then you will have to update the path
parameter in the Notebook= statement in every affected list.

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team