Kevin Parris <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:27:46 -0400
There is no one best way.  Each email client deals with the content of a
message differently, therefore the options are available for each
recipient to select the combination that works for their particular
system.  I've never run across a list that says "for mail reader X use
options combination Y" but one may exist somewhere.

It appears from the header data that you're using GroupWise, so your
choice of digest will vary according to your preferred view.  If your
default view is not HTML then you may find the NoHTML NoMIME options
useful.  If you prefer having graphics and fancy formatting in your
mail, and have your GroupWise client view set for HTML, then you
probably will find a MIME HTML digest satisfactory.

While this may be somewhat inconvenient though, you'll just have to try
out the various combinations until you hit the one that works for your
situation.

Does anyone have a recommendation on the best way to set options to
digest a list?

I'm doing a basic SET listname DIGEST. I was going to change it to SET
listname MIME DIGEST

And the digest comes formatted badly with what looks to be a lot of
misinterpreted linefeeds and the majority of the space of the digest
taken up by text translations of attachments or signatures. I am not
sure which.

--
Nate Eckstine (DoIT CityWide Webteam)

City of Seattle Department of Information Technology
700 Fifth Ave. Suite 2700
Seattle, WA 98124-4709   USA

Work (206) 733-9658
Fax (206) 684-0911