"Peter M. Weiss" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 5 Mar 1994 11:45:07 EST
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Wayne Hauber
<[log in to unmask]> says:

>Can someone describe how to signoff users from our environment?  I'm looking
>for signoff made simple...

If I understand what you said then, generate a mail message
from one of three (system) userids: maint, postmast, or postmaster
on the system that generates the same FQDN of the expired_userid.
In the body of text message to: LISTSERV@bitnode or @internetnode
(it might be tricky try to figure out if you should use the bitnet
or Internet address -- of course you could try both, if there are
both) --

QUIET DEL * expired_userid@fqdn

Brandx list-server/-proc software has other rules.

/Pete ([log in to unmask])  --  co-owner  INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L,  et -L
--
Peter M. Weiss         "The 'NET' never naps"             +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg. -- Penn State Univ -- University Park, PA 16802-1202 USA