Tom Kozma <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 12:33:53 -0400
At 10:41 AM 10/12/00 -0400, you wrote:
>At 09:46 10/12/2000 Thursday, Tom Kozma wrote:
> >I am curious if all of you who are LISTSERV administrators actually create
> >all the new lists for your site.

>Define "create"

Okay, by "create" I mean that we have an HTML/CGI form that the requestor uses to select list attributes and that mails the list header to me. I review the header for any mistakes or problems, verify that the requestor is authorized (must be faculty or staff), verify that the list topic is appropriate (related to academic or administrative activities), and make sure the list name is not already in use on our server. I then PUT the header, make an entry for the list in the ALIASES file, run the NEWALIASES program, and create a directory for the new list's archive. I do NOT add subscribers.
--
Tom Kozma                                  Phone: 313-577-4821
Academic Computing & Customer Services       Fax: 313-577-8787