Nick Gimbrone <NJG@CORNELLA>
Mon, 09 Feb 87 19:56:27 EST
>Now we have STATX80 (a disk verifier for 3380's) and it said the disk
>* Don't trust STATX80
>* Find a trustworthy STATX for SP/4 (still looking).
I assume this is just STATX w/ the 3380 mod. I think this should work
just fine in Rel 4 as it does real I/O to the disk to find out much
and then compares the data w/ stuff incore which should be unaffected
by the hashing code. Of course I could be wrong about this, and it
doesn't help explain your observations... The finding of two copies of
a file on a disk is one of the symptoms of the bad CARD though. -njg