Marilyn Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 12 Aug 1996 16:10:49 EDT
To who it may concern;

I would like to own/run a mailing list dedicated to discussion of the O.J.
Simpson Trials (both the Criminal and upcoming Civil trial). After some
searching, I have not seen a list like this available and I am not
interested in participating in the discussion that goes on in Usenet. See
proposal of list below. I would appreciate any response to this message to
be made to:

Thanks for any consideration,

Marilyn Harris

                    DRAFT PROPOSAL OF MAILING LIST

NAME: Focus

BRIEF DESCRIPTION: theoretical/analytical focus on the O.J. Simpson double
murder case.

TYPE: Private, non-archived, subscriptions controlled by owner

SIZE: Maximum 30 people; PROBABLE SIZE: 10-15

OWNER: [log in to unmask] [Marilyn Harris]

OTHER PARTICULARS: NO digest, member receives copy of his/her own post (ACK on).

LIST MANDATE:

This list is designed to focus in and try to precisely analyze the events of
the night of June 12, 1994 during the commission of the double-murder crime
involving O.J. Simpson. The members will be of the opinion that Mr. Simpson
was directly involved in these murders and will approach the anlysis under
that presumption. We will, however look at ALL evidence and if during the
process of investigating past, present or future items, discover exculpatory
material, we will of course re-direct our analyses.

We welcome those people who are SERIOUSLY interested in the case and will
provide their views on a REGULAR basis. We will also be grateful for any
expert advice by way of forensic scientists, criminalists, scientists and
technicians whom we can enlist.

ALLOWABLE SOURCES/MATERIAL:

* Transcripts/coverage from Depositions, The Civil Trial, The Criminal
Trial, The Grand
Jury Proceedings and the Preliminary Hearings.

* The Simpson June 13 statement.

* Proposed and final stipulations.

* Any *sworn* statement that directly relates to the Simpson case can be
used, regardless of whether it has been introduced in the trial or not.

* Forensic advice from experts, and proven applicable scientific research.

* Regarding newspapers/TV, only photographs or perhaps tables, evidence
lists etc. can be used/quoted.  Opinions from pundits, the trial lawyers
etc. should not be used.

* First-party statements directly attributed to a witness who testifies
such as reporter interviews.

* Statements made by former/present witnesses in books - eg; Fung's
description of the number of Bronco blood stains in the Bugliosi book "Outrage".

* The August Hearing (the Griffin Hearing on DNA evidence.

MARILYN HARRIS      [log in to unmask]          [log in to unmask]
                    http://www.nrcan.gc.ca/~mharris