Nick Laflamme <DPL1646@IRISHVM>
Tue, 07 Apr 87 20:26:17 EST
Marc Shannon forwared a note to the list that he had gotten from
LISTSERV@CMUCCVMA about the fact that it had denied itself privledges
after 10 botched commands or something.  The note he forwarded looked
like the mangled headers all of us later saw this afternoon (US time)-
I'm not sure how, but I think someone's server got tangled up rather
badly on the note.  I do not know if Eric's work with RFC 822 is related
or not- it does look like something did some transformations like Eric
was describing, but that's not definitive.

(I do not mean to imply that either Marc or Eric are to blame here; I
am merely trying to come up with a plausible explanation for events
without considering cause too deeply.)

Nick