Valdis Kletnieks <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 25 Sep 2014 14:27:35 -0400
On Thu, 25 Sep 2014 17:58:56 -0000, Reed Farnsworth said:

> Is there some sort of de-dupe process that recognizes when a recipient is
> on multiple lists and only sends them the notice on one of them? If so, is
> there a way to control it, like give lists preferences, or turn it off?

Usually done by the recipient's mail system, by only accepting the first
copy of a mail with a given Message-ID: header

> Is this because I included all of the lists in the TO: field?

Indirectly, because it left your MUA as one message, and as a result all 4 lists
got copies with the same Message-ID.

> If I send a separate email to each list with only one list in the TO: field, would that
> help them all get through?

Umm.. they most probably *did* get through.  Or did you *want* a recipient who's
on 4 lists to get 4 duplicate copies?  That tends to make for cranky humans.  Is
there an actual use case where not suppressing duplicates is in fact a good idea?