David Young <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 09:14:52 -0500
yes.  Essentially, the list is a one-way list for announcements that's
usually moderated by the public affairs staff but there are times when
someone in the presidents office or physical plant needs to send out an
announcements without having enough time to wait for public affairs to
get to it.  Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Pete Weiss
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2004 2:55 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: List moderation question

Is moderation actually required i.e., msut a confirmation dialogue take
place?

If not, then

hdrs:

SEND= PRIVATE
DEFAULT-OPTIONS= NOPOST
SUBSCRIPTION= OPEN, CONFIRM

1-time cmds:

QUIET SET listname NOPOST FOR *@*
QUIET SET listname POST FOR authorized_rfc822_address

/Pete
  At 15:20 04/16/2004 Friday, David Young wrote:
 >One of my list owners has a list that they're moderating which sends
>announcements to employees.  What they'd like to do is have a list of
people  >who can send to the list without their message being moderated
but they  >don't want those people to receive the confirmation requests
for any other  >messages.  My understanding of the docs is that this can
be done.  Is that  >correct?  What should the header look like?  Thanks
in advance.