Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Sat, 3 Oct 1987 13:12 SET
June, this got rejected because of 11 'To:' in your mail. The default
limit is 10. I've removed a few colons to fix that. /Eric

Date:      Fri,  2 Oct 87 15:19:59 PDT
From:      "June Genis" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:   re: Forwading Mail to Listserv

I believe that the problem which Duane Weaver refers to is caused by
code which Eric included in the latest release to prevent mail loops
caused by the EAN mail processors.  Basically he is disallowing the
occurrence of any other lines that look like To: headers.  I got
caught by this last week because one of our local mail agents throws
in and extra To: line at the bottom of a message. (Don't ask why --
it's a long story.  :-) It occurred to me this morning that by
Eric's description of the rule he's using that it would likely get
into trouble with any forwarded mail.  I wrote to him about that
today but haven't heard back yet.  Below are some extracts of the
discussions we've had about this.

[I've added ">" to all lines below to get them past LISTSERV.  I
haven't even been getting a bounce message BTW.  I just never see
anything coming thru.]

>[25151] MON 09/28/87 13:12 FROM [log in to unmask]: TO problem; 39 LINES
>        (DELETE 10/04/87)

>Date:         Mon, 28 Sep 1987 21:06 SET
>From:         Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
>Subject:      TO problem
>
>What is relevant is that you have a 'TO:' and the address of the list on the
>same line. What I'm trying to protect from is EAN (the future mail standard)
>bullsh*t like this:
>
>Date: azertyuiop@&
>From: EAN Mailing System Trouble Reporter <EAN-MAIL@azertyuio>
>To: yourid
>
>Your mail was not delivered. Reason for non-delivery: auto-forwarded.

 Subsystem":