"Russell U. Simmons" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 13 Feb 1997 08:52:51 GMT
Hello,

I am Russell Simmons,  a representative for  Loners of America.

We are a not-for-profit Recreational Vehicle Club for single adults
composed of 95 % seniors (55+) who are widows, widowers and singles by
choice.  We are a national club of outdoor and camping enthusiasts who
join together for support and companionship after the loss of  a
spouse or traveling companion. We are *not* a 'singles' club for
matchmaking purposes.  We join together for the purpose of supporting
one another and to help ‘pick up the pieces’ after the loss of a
traveling companion.

I am looking for a Listserv host who will allow our club to establish
a private listserv for our members.  We support any single individual
interested in the outdoors and camping with the understanding that our
members are primarily 55+ senior widows and widowers.

At the present time there are about 20-30 members within our national
membership who have access to Internet e-mail.  There are other
seniors and widow/widower/singles organizations that have expressed an
interest in this project.  However,  I do not expect the list to
exceed 60 - 70 subscribers (unfortunately not too many seniors have
access to a computer).

If your organization will host this service would you please respond
with full details to:        [log in to unmask]    In the meantime we
invite you to visit our web site at:

http://www.napanet.net/~mbost/

Thank you,

Russell