Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Wed, 22 Oct 1986 14:40 SET
1) XEDIT LSVRDR EXEC, FIND TRANSFER: you'll see it can handle postmaster not at
   the local node. However this is no longer the way it works:

2) The rejection mail  is read as "listname MAIL" and  resent to the recipients
   indicated in the "Errors-To=" keyword. The default is Errors-To= Postmaster.
   It is no longer CP TRANSFERred.

3) I don't like  appending rejection mail to the rejection  notice. I prefer to
   have a  verbatim copy of the  file which caused  the problem, so that  I can
   re-send it 'as is' to LISTSERV and  see what happens after inserting a TRACE
   statement somewhere -- if needed.

4) The message says "transferred", all right.  I wanted to avoid the term "for-
   warded" because  the mailfile is  sent as  is, without "Resent-"  tags being
   inserted. Transferred insists on the fact  that the rejection notice is left
   completely unchanged. Do you think I should change this term?

5) The message IS sent before the copy of the rejection mail. It's not my fault
   if it gets into  your reader later because of MAILER  taking nonzero time to
   send the  message mailfile  to you --  the Call LSVTELL  is before  the Call
   LSVSENDF (LSVXMAIL EXEC, lines 240-250).

  Eric